Summer Service Project Volunteers
The 2017 Summer Service Project for Carol Joy Holling Camp (Ashland), Sullivan Hills Camp (Lodgepole) and Day Camp will focus on education and support for those with food insecurity in Nebraska! We are volunteers to work with our campers and staff on basic gardening, turning old tshirts into reusable grocery bags and filling those bags to make emergency food kits.
Volunteers will receive...
- All equipment and supplies
- A camp t-shirt
- All meals while at camp
- Daily devotion and prayer
- Overnight housing, if needed and as available
- Staff training and support
- Gracious hospitality
Volunteers will give...
- Hands-on guidance for campers and staff
- Lots of fun conversations
- Their love of God and serving others
- Their time
* NOTE: We will be traveling on site by van between two different locations this year. There are a few stairs that volunteers will need to navigate.
For each date listed on the form, 3-5 volunteers are needed, and volunteers will be placed on a first-come, first-served basis. Typical hours are from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. You can choose to come for all or part of the day. If you know of others who should be invited to volunteer, please contact Amanda Sliva at 402-944-2544 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Because volunteers will be working closely with campers, our policy requires each volunteer to complete a background check and a health history form.
Each volunteer is encouraged to come as often as you can, as consistency will help this project run smoothly throughout the summer. However, because we understand that volunteers have other obligations, we ask that you choose a minimum of two days.