Springs Building Projects
Again this summer, Carol Joy Holling Camp, Conference & Retreat Center is partnering with Mission Builders to construct The Springs Lodge! This is a part of the Faithfully Forward Campaign to provide comfortable dining and meeting facilities for our guests year-round.
This unique model of business serves a specific and needed purpose for churches and outdoor ministry sites across the United States. While Mission Builders provides skilled leadership for these projects, local volunteers are invited to participate throughout the project.
By replacing its original dining hall, Carol Joy Holling Camp will create an efficient serving kitchen and a large dining space to accommodate more summer campers and year-round guests.
Volunteer Daily Schedule:
7:00 a.m. Start work
9:30 a.m. Break and devotion
12 p.m. Lunch
2:30 p.m. Break
4:00 p.m. Clean up
- Volunteers must be 16+ years old.
- Volunteers are needed daily, from Tuesday - Saturday or each week, starting June 6.
- Volunteers are welcome for 1/2, whole or multiple days.
- 2-3 volunteers are needed each day.
- Lunch for volunteers is provided on site.
- Volunteers will be supervised by NLOM and Mission Builders staff at all times.
- Background checks will be required for volunteers that participate in additional volunteer opportunities on site with campers, such as Summer Service Project
- Overnight Housing may be available for volunteers
- Volunteers are asked to bring a snack to share.
- If a large group is interested in volunteering, please contact Amanda Sliva to coordinate project dates
To sign up, go here...
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Heather Abbott by email at HAbbott@NLOM.org or by phone at 402-944-2544.