History

Through the Early 1960s: Nebraska Lutherans borrow camping sites to operate junior high camps. 

1964: Circle R Camp is established.  

1974: George and Irene Holling gift a half section of land near Ashland to Nebraska Synod/LCA in memory of their daughter, Carol Joy Holling.  

1975: Nebraska Lutheran Outdoor Ministries is formed. 

1979: Carol Joy Holling Camp opens with 356 campers.  

1986: Carol Joy Holling Camp serves 1000 campers for the first time. 

1994: Day Camp is established in six Nebraska Synod Congregations. 

1995: Lester & Lillian Sullivan gift a section of land near Lodgepole, Nebraska...to be known as Sullivan Hills Camp.  

1997: Sullivan Hills Camp opens with 80 campers. 

2002: The Resource Center at Carol Joy Holling Camp is finished. 

2005: The Swanson Retreat Center is completed.

2010: Campers produced 32,000 Health Kits for victims of Haiti.

2014: The New Western Town facilities are complete and replace the old Ranch bunkhouses for summer camp.